Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mike and Celine Dion

I was on vacation this week, and just returned yesterday. On the car ride home I was thinking about all the adventures Mike and I had together. One in particular always made me chuckle.

Several years back I drove into the city and picked Mike up from work in my Jeep Wrangler. The weather was beautiful, so of course the top was down. Two single guys in a Jeep Wrangler in New York City...what was needed next was a rock'en song on the radio to impress the ladies. After scanning the radio for the perfect song, Mike finally found one. We turned Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" so loud that my speakers were literally rattling. It was one of the funniest moments in my life...sitting at an intersection in the middle of Manhattan singing at the top of our lungs. Mike sang the verse "Near, far, wherever you are I believe that the heart does go on" with such passion...I was laughing so hard I nearly hit several taxi cabs.

Since that day Mike and I would sing that song on each others voicemail. I wish I had saved them...they always put a smile on my face.

No comments: